Senior Release Engineer - Salesforce
Qualys is looking for a Senior Salesforce Release Engineer to join our fast-growing Business Applications team. In this role, you will be responsible for the release management, tooling and processes to support the team’s projects lifecycle. You will work closely with our admin, development and QA teams to drive continuous improvements to our DevOps processes adhering to Salesforce technologies and DevOps best practices.
- Implements the change management plan, following defined processes and appropriate procedures
- Plans the deployment of the changes, a process that can vary immensely in scope and includes reviews at key interim milestones
- Responsible for source and version control tools including their use, function, processes and procedures
- Confirmation that what is tested is migrated to production
- Work on scope of the items that are to be controlled and deployed
- Ensures that changes to the configuration management methods and processes are properly approved and communicated
- Manages and communicates all changes that have upstream and downstream impact to appropriate stakeholders
- Administering and effectively using tools for code deployments, version control, and automated testing.
- Documenting and storing release artifacts, including, but not limited to, release notes, release features, release dependencies, resolved bugs, etc.
- Continuously improving our release process by adopting new methods and tools to reduce cycle time, increase automation, and ultimately deliver more features, functionality, and bug fixes.
- Providing feedback to admins and developers on release related work to ensure best practices.
- Perform the release workflows and detailed steps to ensure on-time and effective delivery of high-quality releases
- Create and maintain a process for documenting releases, bug-fixes, etc for mixed audiences (stakeholders & technical team)
- Communicate and plan for high-risk deployments including ensuring support team is ready to handle any issues
- Define and manage change control processes for development and release readiness criteria and ensure all changes meet criteria prior to deployment
- Assume ownership and continuous improvement of the release process by documenting release issues and developing plans to improve process or automation
- Ensure the SFDC scheduled updates are considered when deployment schedule is planned
- Review SFDC release notes to understand new features and communicate release progress/status to Stakeholders
- Refresh planning - manage environment restoration processes to keep all environments healthy, in sync and populated with environment specific data
- Data-loading/seeding of sandbox environments to provide functional environments for development and testing
- Bachelor's degree (technical degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience implementing, configuring and administering SaaS business systems for a software company, with at least 3 years of Salesforce experience.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Understanding of SFDC metadata, including tooling for deployment and analysis
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, hardworking, and a great team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including experience meeting with and presenting information to senior leadership
- Salesforce certification (Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Deployment Designer) preferred.
- Passion for creating frictionless processes
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving scenario
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Salesforce.com platform, eco-system and best-practices
- Proven ability to plan, schedule, and execute release windows and cycles across a variety of applications and teams.
- Proficient with tools such as Flosum, Jenkins, Maven, Junit, SalesForce DX, Gearset, BlueCanvas.
- Excellent communication skills to work with different teams for the release collaborations
- Experience with basic fundamentals of the Salesforce application such as object models, user interface, and administration
- Salesforce CPQ or Billing experience is a plus
- Demonstrates the ability to lead system release life cycles for software implementation projects
- Experience managing simultaneous projects with differing requirements
- Possesses effective troubleshooting skills and the ability to creatively problem solve
- Displays strong work ethic and due diligence when completing tasks
- Hands on testing, packaging, deployment and roll back functions for every deployment.