Senior Director, Brand & Creative
The Sr. Director Brand & Creative is responsible for the management and development of the corporate brand as well as any related product portfolio brands. This role owns brand strategy, brand advertising, integrated media and creative agency relationships. Success in this role depends on the ability to translate business objectives into appealing brand narratives for target audiences. This role also works across product teams and regions, facilitating brand, content, and creative alignment and efficiency through a centralized, consolidated and coordinated strategy. This leader also plays a critical role that supports our global web presence and event success across the different regions.
- Lead and be accountable for the vision, strategy, and results of brand identity & positioning, harmonizing a clear brand message across all channels, online and offline.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive brand strategy to guide strategic decisions involving the brand (including representation of the brand in all online: web, social media and offline settings: events, promotions)
- Create innovative design direction across digital media experiences that map to planned user experiences and brand guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a referenceable, organization-wide set of brand guidelines that are simple enough to be followed, but thorough enough to encompass all required use cases
- Build a thoughtful approach towards introducing and/or integrating new brands
- Implement internal marketing/change management to support adoption of brand standard
- Curate, architect and promulgate centralized brand assets
- Implement an efficient brand governance process and workflows that facilitate the function as a shared-service resource rather than a bottleneck
- Lead an internal creative services department as well as external resources to partner with product marketing, demand generation, events and partner marketing teams to drive innovative digital media programs and events that capture the attention of our industry
Required qualifications & skills
- 10+ years of experience in global software and/or SaaS branding and communication with a minimum of three years of experience at a director level leading global brand and communication.
- Proven track-record of unifying, transforming, and elevating and re-positioning the brands of complex B2B businesses.
- Has built, implemented and governed global brand guidelines
- Supporting conferences and events by developing trade show design and messaging.
- Must be a creative, flexible, hands-on leader that’s comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done even in the face of time, budget, and resource constraints
- Best practices in brand integration, brand hierarchy, internal marketing, standards implementation and management, competitive positioning
- Budget/resource management strongly desirable
- Previous project management, ideally in a creative/digital agency environment
- Managed agency relationships and internal creative and content resources