Role and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of high-quality technical documentation by working with diverse stakeholders to scope, design, edit, and publish internal/external facing technical content.
- Interactively contribute to the document creation and maintenance process.
- Deliver a variety of content i.e. User Manuals, Training Contents, Training Videos, FAQs
- Take ownership of the documentation for multiple products, follow through and complete the product cycle, and report accurate and timely status for all assignments.
- Write and update high-quality help content and user interface (UI) messaging.
- Create new help content that addresses user needs, use cases.
- Work with reviewers to ensure technical accuracy and appropriateness of content according to prescribed project deliverables and schedules.
- Performs tasks related to the construction of technical and non-technical illustrations and graphics or changes to existing illustrations/graphics.
- Work closely with the Stakeholders, Product Management, Development, QA, to drive the creation and production of technical information
- Ensure quality and timeliness of documentation.
- Ability to concentrate, attention to detail, and command of the English language.
- Must be a self-motivating and self-managing writer who can learn complex technologies quickly, and manage the entire process of writing top-quality documentation
As a Content Writer, the candidate should:
- Have at least 5 years of technical writing experience
- Have experience developing technical documentation for enterprise software audiences
- Have worked on creating User Guides, Online Help, Training Videos, etc.
- Have ability to adjust priorities and to effectively own and handle multiple products/projects
- Have been an excellent team player
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with global and culturally diverse departments and groups to gather the right information at the right time
- Have ability to ask the right questions to understand the product and product features well.
- Hands-on experience with team collaboration, authoring, and publishing tools
- Have good editing skills and preferred to have hands-on with Adobe FrameMaker, Robohelp, Illustrator, Acrobat, Microsoft Office Tools/Suite, and Google Docs
- Be able to think out-of-the-box for technical writing solutions
- Be up-to-date with the latest trends in Technical Writing.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred