We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic engineering leader with a passion for technology to work on Qualys’ next-generation security application platform including backend, middleware and UI. Working alongside a very talented team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for building innovative solutions and supporting a highly scalable SaaS-based cloud security application platform. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team-building Qualys’ next-generation microservices-based, streaming-based technology platform processing over 100’s of million transactions and ingesting and processing terabytes of data per day, leverage open source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for building capabilities and Cloud services managing day to day direction of the Cloud engineering development team.
- Provide technical leadership and be part of the technology team that architects, designs and develops the application platforms
- Own the core system quality attributes relating to product architecture, such as performance, scalability, security, availability, reliability, etc.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and software products to determine the feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products
- Define long-term strategic technology and process roadmaps.
- Build and execute cloud development roadmap and staffing model.
- Apply your understanding of software engineering best practices to influence the design and implementation approaches and solutions.
- Build high-performing teams and lead the team to embrace new ideas that produce outstanding results for customers.
- Create a collaborative culture motivating team members to produce effective results.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with partners across the business.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs, and senior leadership team.
- Evaluate new technologies, open-source libraries, cloud-native services, and define long-term strategic investments and feature roadmaps.
- Mentor and coach the team to produce high-quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find it easy to work with in the future.
Skills And Qualifications
- Requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a university degree. Degree in Computer Science required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience of at least 5 years in managing small to mid-size teams that are global in nature and high performing.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in developing SaaS based software products and solutions for service-oriented deployments in public (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) or private clouds.
- Requires the manager to be hands-on with good coding experience in Java programming skills including object-oriented design, prototyping, development, testing, profiling, etc..
- Prior experience with RDBMS systems and NoSQL databases.
- Data platform design/build utilizing microservices architecture and big data technologies like Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Ceph, Flink, Spark or similar technologies.
- Experience in frameworks such as React , AngularJS etc. and good understanding of the basics of these frameworks and their life cycles.
- Good hands-on experience with system architecture with Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Ability to articulate and communicate technical concepts within and across teams.
- Ability to mentor and lead team.
- Expertise working in Agile/SAFE project management methodologies environments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent cross-boundary collaboration and people management skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Built a data platform from the ground up.
- Experience with applying data encryption and data security standards.
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Grafana and Prometheus.
- Experience with HashiCorp technologies such as Consul, Vault, Terraform and Vagrant.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- In-depth experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.
- Exposure to Maven, Ant or Gradle for builds.