Database Reliability Engineer
Qualys is a leading provider of information security and compliance cloud solutions. The Qualys Cloud Platform and its integrated apps help businesses simplify security operations and lower the cost of compliance by delivering critical security intelligence on demand and automating the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection for IT systems and web applications. As a key member of cutting-edge security product company, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to below.
- The Kafka Administrator will be responsible for installation, administration and maintenance of the messaging environment world-wide.
- Candidate will be responsible for production support and should have performed similar role for 3 years or more.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in other datastores like Redis, ceph, Cassandra, elastic search will be an added advantage.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design. Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science or Engineering.
- Knowledge of version control systems like GIT and SVN
- Good exposure to virtualization concepts
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills Personal Skills
- Ability to plan development activities meticulously, identifying dependencies and dedicatedly work towards resolution
- Good communication skills to crisply and accurately report program status
- Positive attitude, Self-starter, self-motivated
- Capable of taking responsibility for tasks and ensuring a successful outcome
- Able to contribute to the work of a team while being motivated to work day to day on individual tasks
- Independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
- Independently determines methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Ready to work in 24* 7 environment and ready to work in shifts.
- Experience in other message queuing technologies will be a plus
- Should have fair understanding of RDBMS and no-SQL databases.
- Overall experience should be more than 3/4 years