Lead Software Engineer
We are seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer to help build next generation Security Analytics product from ground-up.
Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based Security Analytics product.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation Micro-Services based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open-source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
- You will be Designing and developing NextGen Security Analytics Product in the cloud from ground-up.
- Primary focus is on collection & data ingestion components & related platform services.
- Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future.
- Working with Big Data technologies Kafka and Elasticsearch.
- Design, develop, maintain products to build large scale tera bytes of indexes while giving fast searching in Java.
- Researching and implementing for code design, adoption of new technologies and skills.
- You will be creating high-performance Restful APIs to be consumed by external partners.
- You will be building highly scalable Micro-services that interacts with Qualys Cloud Platform
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of JAVA development experience with microservices architecture.
- 5+ years of experience in Spring/Spring-boot.
- 2+ years of experience in Elastic Search/Solr/Lucene/Kafka.
- 3+ years of experience in Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience in Linux and shell scripting.
- Strong logical skills for code design and implementation.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying scalable solutions.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of CICD tools like Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Knowledge of devops tools like Ansible, Terraform, Helm charts.