Managing Director, Canada
The Managing Director is responsible for leading Qualys sales growth strategy for the fast growing market. The role will involve recruiting, hiring and day to day management of team of Technical Account Managers. This person will be responsible for customer and partner relationships to drive new business, renewal and upsell for all customers in the region. The MD must be able to articulate the company's technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical and business issues within assigned region to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Provide product and technical support for assigned accounts
- Recruitment, Management and Hiring of PreSales and PostSales TAMs.
- Identify and develop potential new business opportunities
- Convey customer requirements to Product Management, Marketing and Engineering teams
- Provide functional and technical support to customers in support of TAMs.
- Respond to customer questions on technical and business related issues
- Deliver high-level and detailed sales presentations
- Responsible for attending conferences, seminars, etc
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with strong knowledge in security and compliance space: Vulnerability Management & Penetration Testing (VAPT), Policy Compliance , Intrusion Detection Systems IDS, Intrusion Prevention Systems IPS, Network Scanners, PCI, Policy Compliance and Audit Tools, other enterprise security solutions
- Knowledge of BFSI sector and variety of Federal Regulatory Compliance issues a plus: ISO 27001, HIPAA, GLBA, Sarbanes Oxley SOX, etc
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in response to emails, RFPs and when submitting reports
- Must be comfortable interacting at all levels within customer organizations, i.e., from C-level to front-line technical staff
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- 5-7 years relevant experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in several regional languages highly desirable.
- Able to travel throughout region
- 'Big 4' or similar consulting/practice delivery experience a plus