Lead QA Engineer, Automation
We are seeking a talented Lead QA engineer to help build next generation Security Analytics product from ground-up.
Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for testing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based Security Analytics product.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation Micro-Services based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open-source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated and passionate engineer who can work and support by working with other teams to excellence and achieve business objectives.
- Work closely with the engineering team to understand product architecture and functionality.
- Understand end-to-end testing requirements and maintain test plan for functional, non-functional and system testing.
- Strongly contribute to Test Case/Test script writing.
- Contribute in Test Automation Development/Enhancement.
- Participate in the creation and enhancement of the continuous integration platform used to test all our projects.
- Communicate test results to identify risks, dependencies and escalate the same in timely manner.
- Execute functional test cases (At times manually too).
- Produce high quality QA testing following good architecture, design principles and frameworks.
- Testing experience in large scale tera bytes of indexes while giving fast searching.
- Testing microservices end to end.
- Hands-on QA experience including testing automation. Deep knowledge of automation best practices and industry trends.
- Solid experience testing server-less applications.
- Hands-on experience with all test levels, methods and types.
- Experience with software testing metrics.
- Troubleshoot test automation issues and provide resolutions to clients and teams.
- Setup test automation infrastructure across Cloud, Docker etc.
- Configure CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps and integrate test automation execution.
- Conduct code reviews, set up best practices, mentor/train team on them.
- Analyze Test automation trends in the market, learn new tools as needed and design reusable test automation frameworks.
- Coordinate with the Stakeholders to facilitate the gathering and documenting of test automation objectives and requirements for input into Automation Strategy and Design approach.
- Support functional testing teams as Test automation consultant in Setup, Planning, POC, Delivery, Training, and handover of test automation solutions.
- Coordinate and facilitate test automation delivery and POCs.
- Coordinate with team and deliver Technical White papers, Case studies, and other Sales collaterals on Test automation as needed.
- Create & Propose win-win solutions for Test automation assignments.
- Interface as needed with the Senior Manager to report status.
- Conduct test automation interviews, train the junior/mid-level automation engineers.
- Work with big data technologies KAFKA, SPARK, Elastic Search, HDFS, IMPALA / HIVE / SPARK SQL / Scala.
- 8-10 years of experience in the full-time testing role and at least 4-6 years in hands-on automation role as lead
- Experience in Java/Python/Perl programming.
- Strong understanding of generic test automation frameworks (data-driven, key-word driven) and tools (TestNG, Eclipse, Maven, Selenium, JMeter, Cucumber).
- Experience with Web application standards (Web services, XML, JSON, HTTP, HTTPs) and API testing.
- Good understanding of JSP/Web Technologies/Web Architecture.
- Strong knowledge of SaaS model / cloud delivered application testing
- Good understanding of Database concepts and good working knowledge with Oracle, PLSQL & JDBC.
- Experience with Test and defect management tools.
- Excellent analytical and program solving skills, excellent written and oral communication, self-starter and highly motivated.
- Work in a dynamic environment and ability to adapt quickly to changes.
- Should have hands-on experience of at least two of the following
- Selenium WebDriver with Java/C#/Python/JS
- Test complete
- Should have hands-on experience on the following tools
- Selenium grid/Saucelabs/BrowserStack
- Jenkins/Azure DevOps
- Should have involved in managing and delivery test automation projects from the scratch
- Should be familiar with end-end phases of test automation
- Should be familiar with code reviews, design patterns, and implementing best practices in test automation
- Should have excellent communication skills
- Should be a quick learner
Additional Skills Desired:
- Previous experience as developer or exposure to white box testing is desirable.
- Experience in Security domain is an advantage.
- Prior experience of working with a globally distributed team is a plus.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.