Solutions Architect, Cloud Security
The Solutions Architect - Cloud Security is a senior level individual contributor technical role where the candidate will work closely with the field sales (Technical Account Managers - TAMs) to make the customer accounts successful, by providing technical expertise in the cloud security domain, deep understanding of Qualys products, and proposing/architecting security solutions for customer requirements based on the Qualys products.
The ideal candidate will be based in Pune, India.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Pre-Sales related
- Present, demo and communicate value of Qualys cloud security products. Answer customer technical questions around working of and operationalization of Qualys Cloud Security products.
- Work closely with field sales (TAMs) to run Proof-Of-Concepts (PoCs) in a customer account addressing customer use cases.
- Understand customers' cloud security requirements and come up with end-to-end solutions based on the Qualys security portfolio.
- Post-Sales related
- Work with customers as a Qualys Cloud Security Subject-Matter-Expert and help them successfully deploy, operationalize Qualys Cloud Security products. Develop quick implementation scripts as required to ease customer deployment issues
- Collaborate with customer success, engineering teams on addressing customer technical issues with Qualys Cloud Security products
- Product & Sales Enablement
- Constantly learn and stay on top of the latest developments in the cloud security domain, and also in the larger cloud and devops ecosystem
- Understand customer requirements and work with product management to investigate, design features for future product roadmap
- Review engineering technical architecture, design for new features and provide input based on expertise in cloud security domain and understanding of customer environment and use cases
- Contribute in development of technical field sales enablement collateral and provide technical training of Qualys Cloud Security products for field sales
- Present and speak about Qualys Cloud Security at various industry conferences and seminars
- Be active in the overall online Cloud Security community with active presence (e.g. Blog Posts).
- Maintain active open source presence on Qualys GitHub with development of automation tools for cloud security
Required Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure etc). Hands-on experience in developing/deploying/maintaining applications/infrastructure on public cloud in an engineering (Development, QA), operations (DevOps, Infrastructure, SecOps) and/or Solution Architect role.
- Technical scripting, development expertise (e.g. Python, Unix shell scripting, Java) and familiarity with APIs, tools, offerings from public cloud providers
- Active presence in open source community (Please provide GitHub profile in resume)
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with Cloud Information security (Vulnerability Mgmt., Compliance frameworks NIST, CIS, PCI,.Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Pen Testing Tools, other enterprise security solutions like SIEM)
- Certifications from cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) is a big plus.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience ·
- At Qualys, we’re passionate about finding new, innovative ways to solve the IT security and compliance challenges of our customers. We believe each employee makes a difference, and we empower them in their roles, supporting them for maximum career and personal growth.
- Organizations are rapidly adopting cloud as a part of their digital transformation efforts, this environment requires a radical transformation in security to meet the needs and protect organizations in their journey. Qualys is leading this transformation with 100% SaaS-based solutions. Qualys customers perform more than 6 billion IP scans/audits a year resulting in over 1 trillion security events. The Qualys Cloud Platform specializes in providing a holistic view of the security issues across On-premise and Cloud environments. Over 15,700 customers in 130 countries rely on Qualys, including a majority of the Forbes Global 100 https://www.qualys.com/customers/