- Establish yourself as an expert in your assigned platform component, product or feature area.
- Install/test/verify multiple components that comprise a product with the intention to certify that the product conforms to the requirements and is ready for release.
- Work closely with Architects, Tech Leads and Software Engineers to understand requirements and Develop as well as maintain test plans and test cases for features under test.
- Plan and execute tests, providing quality test status reports while meeting scheduled commitments.
- Review and analyze project documentation to ensure product testability.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot the integrated solution under test.
- Ability to work independently for own tasks and collaboratively with rest of the team to achieve common goals.
- Work with Global Engineering team encompassing multiple time zones as required.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in testing distributed software architectures
- Strong experience in web applications user interface and RESTful web services testing ( HTTP, HTTPS, REST APIs, and JSON )
- Understanding of XML, XSD, JSON, REST , SOAP and demonstrated experience with web services APIs
- Experience with microservices architecture using Kubernetes and Docker containers is a plus
- Good exposure to databases. Experience in writing and understanding DB queries. Experience to No-SQL DBs is a plus.
- Experience working in a security domain is a plus
- Working knowledge of test management tools like Zephyr, JIRA etc
- Strong oragnization skills. Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.