Manager, Information Development
This role is within the TechPubs team of the Support organization and would help create modern online content that helps users of Qualys Cloud Platform and its integrated apps. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating content that helps train users quickly and effectively in a modern way.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development of high-quality technical documentation by working with diverse stakeholders to scope, design, and publish internal/external facing technical content.
- Own the documentation creation and maintenance process for multiple products
- Create reports to show the effectiveness of the documentation.
- Plan and implement projects to improve the effectiveness of documentation
- Analyze support cases to report customer pain-points and work with the team to alleviate these pain-points.
- Work closely with Support team, Product Management, Development, QA, to drive the creation and production of technical information for blogs, Community, Knowledge Base system, technical white papers etc.
- Ensures compliance with customer requirements, company and government specifications, engineering standards, and language usage principles.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of documentation.
- Ability to concentrate, attention to detail, and command of the English language.
As an Information Development - Manager, the candidate should:
- Have at least 10-12 years of technical writing experience
- Have experience managing/leading a team of technical writers
- Have experience developing technical documentation for enterprise software audiences
- Have experience in ensuring the tech pubs team is stuck along the roadmap and aren't distracted by other activities
- Have ability to adjust priorities and quickly learn new technologies and software applications
- Must be a team player
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with global and culturally diverse departments and groups to gather the right information at the right time
- Have the ability to ask the right questions to understand the product and product features well.
- Hands-on experience with accepted team collaboration, authoring and publishing tools
- Preferred to have hands-on with Adobe FrameMaker, Robohelp, Illustrator, Acrobat, Microsoft Office Tools/Suite, and Google Docs
- Have the enthusiasm and eagerness to contribute towards building great technical content
- Be able to think out-of-the-box for technical writing solutions
- Be up-to-date with the latest trends in Technical Writing.