Lead Software Engineer
We are seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer to help build next generation Security Analytics product from ground-up.
Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based Security Analytics product.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation Micro-Services based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open-source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
- You will be Designing and developing NextGen Security Analytics Product in the cloud from ground-up.
- Being a hands-on contributor is a key responsibility in this role.
- You will be working on different collection technique to get data.
- You will be building highly scalable regex patterns, processors, ML jobs.
- You will be working on Data processing framework to collect, parse / Normalize and categorize logs.
- Participate in operational design and code review.
- Find creative, elegant and maintainable solutions to complex problems.
- Advocate best practices (unit/automation testing, code reviews, code quality, etc.)
- Architect and develop one or more major areas of the Security analytics platform.
- You will be working on Java based microservices, design patterns, and regex.
- You will be responsible to Design, develop, maintain products to process events.
- Researching and implementing for code design, adoption of new technologies and skills.
- Contribute to the development and enhancements of our CI/CD pipeline infrastructure/tools.
- A good team player, works, and communicates well with others.
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of development experience in Java or C, C++, GoLang.
- 3+ Years of experience as a Lead Software Engineer.
- Experience with high-throughput message queueing systems (Kafka/Resque/etc).
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases, including Oracle, Redis, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Apache Ignite.
- Experience of deploying microservices CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience designing, estimating, and implementing complex systems.
- Proven understanding of software development best practices and design patterns.
- Writing high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code.
- Experience in designing, developing, and delivering scalable solutions.
- Self-motivated, go-getter, passion for learning, strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of security devices, networking is big plus.
- Experience managing and enhancing CI/CD pipeline software/tools, such as Jenkins.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, EC2, or similar elastic cloud environments.
- Open-source project contributions, especially in Go.
- You’ve designed, developed and deployed micro-services on Big Data platform.