Lead L3 Support Engineer
We are looking for passionate, self-motivated technical individuals that have the desire and capability to think outside the box to solve complex problems. The candidate is also expected to have excellent debugging and analytical skills along with strong technical foundation. The Lead L3 Support Engineer acts as the main point of contact regarding technical issues, and will work directly with Development and QA teams to facilitate resolution. This role will suit an individual who excels in a challenging and dynamic environment, enjoys providing world-class support, and is technically motivated.
Handle all production issues including customer reported which needs development team involvements. Generally these are the issues reported by Customers or SRE teams which needs inputs or analysis from application teams.
Provide solutions, work-around and hot fixes as in when required.
Work closely with development and QA teams for ongoing forward development in order to stay updated and also provide design inputs.
Continuously engage in developing features and tools to help reducing production issues and also expediting resolutions and diagnosis of issues.
Track the support tickets and production incidences.
- 8+ years as a hands-on engineer developing SaaS based software products and solutions for service oriented deployments in public (AWS, Azure, Rackspace, etc.) or private clouds.
- At least 3+ years of experience as full time L3 technical support engineer
- Have built scalable SaaS platforms utilizing micro-services/distributed systems architecture using:
- RESTful API's consumed by internal and external partners
- Messaging middleware using JMS, AMQP, Kafka, NATS, etc.
- In-memory caching using Redis, Memcached, etc.
- Strong Java programming skills including object oriented design, prototyping, development, testing, profiling, etc.
- Knowledge of JVM concepts like garbage collection, heap, stack, profiling, class loading, etc.
- Understand data structures and algorithms
- Expertise with RDBMS systems (preferably Oracle)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably Cassandra)
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent