Principal Software Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Principal Software Engineer to work on Qualys’ next-generation phishing and email security platform. Working alongside a very talented team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based platform. This is a great opportunity to be a key initial contributor in building and bringing an innovative product to the market.
- Co-develop with a strong sense of ownership Qualys’ phishing and email security platform and bring to market.
- Work closely with engineering teams, product management and operations to deliver high value for Qualys customers.
- Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future.
- 12+ years hands-on experience with developing SaaS based software products and solutions.
- Strong Java programming skills including object-oriented design, prototyping, development, testing, profiling, etc.
- Knowledge of JVM concepts like garbage collection, heap, stack, profiling, class loading, etc.
- Good c++ / linux programming knowledge
- Prior experience with RDBMS systems and NoSQL databases.
- Good hands on experience with system architecture.
- Strong in data structures and algorithms.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate technical concepts within and across teams.
- Ability to mentor and lead team.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math or related field.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience in building enterprise grade cybersecurity products.
- Experience in working with networking, authentication and cloud APIs.
- Experience in using API interfaces for Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Google apps, Active directory etc.
- Building big data systems using Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Flink, Spark or similar technologies
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes etc.