Senior Manager, Order to Cash Operations
The Senior Manager, Order to Cash Operations will be responsible for overseeing the Order Management, Billing, Revenue, and AR, Credit and Collections teams. Reporting to the Director of Revenue Accounting and Operations (HQ, USA), he/she will lead the teams located in HQ (Foster City, CA, USA) and Pune, India. The ideal applicant must be hands-on and possess a strong understanding of the complete Order to Cash process (Technical) and have a good understanding of emotional intelligence (EQ) to develop and retain talent.
The candidate will be expected to actively contribute to the overall process and system improvement, best practices, of Quote-to-Cash. In addition, the candidate will work with leadership within the OTC sphere and cross function teams to drive best practices in the day-to-day operations and system design. Operational areas of responsibility include but not limited to Quote creation/validation and resolving account discrepancies, Billing and Revenue, and AR Credit and Collections.
This position is in Pune, India. He/she will be onboarded and working remotely until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted to go back to the office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Review and approve exceptions within OTC functional areas.
- Co-ordinate with Credit team to evaluate customer or partner credit worthiness.
- Work with Collection’s Manager and RVP to resolve collection escalation.
- Review accuracy of agreements, signed quotes, purchase order details including terms, customer or partner billing instructions, shipping, product, pricing, discounts.
- In Salesforce and in NetSuite ERP system, review orders are set-up for prompt and correct provisioning and invoicing with correct billing & shipping contact information, product, subscription dates and revenue recognition and recorded in the correct accounting period.
- Proactively monitor (reporting) orders/billings with open questions to ensure that these are resolved timely and recorded in the correct period; identify issues and proactively investigate and clearly communicate recommendations and solutions including team training.
- Track and report on customer account discrepancies and follow-through to resolution.
- Research and address partner queries related to order status such as fulfillment and billing.
- Generate and maintain detailed documentation of policies and processes.
- Assist with process improvement/automation initiatives as they arise.
- A strong team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude who drives process improvements to increase effectiveness of the team and minimize room for errors
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and organized
- A self-starter and high achiever with a focus on doing a great job
- Flexibility to work extended hours when work volume requires (typically month-end/quarter-end)
- A superior problem solver, possessing the initiative to look into the details and interpret the impact of key business drivers.
- Excellent multi-tasker who has strong time and project management skills and understands the importance of planning in advance to meet deadlines that include multiple review points and iterations
- Strong communicator, both written & verbal; reliable and responsive to email and phone communications.
- Highest level of integrity and good judgment with the ability to effectively deal with highly sensitive, confidential information.
- Minimum 10+ years’ full cycle OTC (Order Management, Billings, Revenue, and AR Credit and Collections)
- 7+ years leading an international team.
- CPA or Charter Accountant desirable
- Above average Excel skills (VLOOKUP, sum-if, concatenate, pivot tables, etc.)
- Public SaaS company experience preferred.
- Good understanding of US GAAP rules relating to revenue recognition (ASC 606).
- Salesforces and NetSuite highly desirable.