Senior Accounting Specialist
The Senior accounting specialist will be an integral contributor to the finance and business operations of the company and will have a broad range of responsibilities including all aspects of the monthly close, GL responsibilities, fulfilling the external reporting requirements and developing process efficiencies. The individual in this position must be a self-starter and possess great attention to detail, strong financial acumen, high aptitude financial systems and a strong desire and ability
- Participate in the month end close process and communicate with other departments to ensure all information requirements and reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist and participate in the monthly, quarterly and year end closing processes including certain schedules and processes for monthly and quarterly financial reporting package
- Prepare, review, upload and post journal entries, including legal accrual, marketing, consulting accrual, travel accrual, etc.
- Support Accounts Payable team, as needed, including Concur extracts, new vendor creation.
- Work cross-functionally with various departments to provide financial insights and relevant reporting.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure all Company cash, prepaid expenses and liabilities are properly recorded and accrued for.
- Participate in the monthly and quarterly balance sheet and P&L flux
- Conduct special research and projects for the G/L as required.
- Watch for areas of improvement within our processes, make suggestions and implement process improvements.
- Assist in quarterly and annual audit preparations. Assist preparing needed reports, reconciliations and back up supporting schedules for the external and internal auditors.
- Correspond directly with internal and external auditors and provide requested schedules to auditors to support necessary audit requirements.
- Assist with system implementations and improvements.
- Ad hoc projects when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 4 to 6 years’ experience working in an accounting related role.
- Demonstrated experience with general ledger, journal entry preparation, monthly & annual close processes.
- Knowledge of accounting principles/practices, internal controls, budget development, projections & variance analysis.
- Experience with Netsuite and Hedging is preferred
- Ability to prepare, organize and analyze complex financial information.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines and issue financial information in a timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and time manage workload.
- Ready to work in shift timing.