We are seeking a Data Scientist to help build next generation Security Analytics product from ground-up.
Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based Security Analytics product.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation Micro-Services based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open-source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
We are looking for Data Scientist, who will support our Research and Development team with insights gained from analyzing security data.
The ideal candidate has background in a quantitative or technical field, is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success for using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
- Extract analysis/insights on given data using Data Mining and exploratory data analysis method.
- Designing and deploying Machine Learning Algorithms - both Shallow learning models and Deep learning models.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Collaborate with data and subject matter experts throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Understand the Distributed Ecosystem/Cloud computing services and deploy ML models on the same.
- 2+ years of work experience with BS or MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields. Specialization in machine learning is preferred.
- Experience with data cleansing, data engineering, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment.
- 2+ years of experience in Object oriented programming concepts - Java, Scala etc.
- Hands on Experience in Data science programming skills - Python, R
- Proven work experience of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Having experience in developing some use cases related to Cyber Security.
- Familiarity with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Flink, Spark, Cassandra, etc.
- Hands on experience with Keras/Tensorflow.
- Hands on experience with PyTorch
- Hands on experience with SciKit Learn
- Practical experience with ML Operations tooling including MLflow, Sagemaker, or Databricks.
- Experience in visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Matplotlib, seaborn, ggplot or any data visualization tool.
- Work along with Senior and Stake holders to capture the requirements and execute it in Agile methodology.
- Java knowledge would be add-on.
- Good communication skills and a Team player.