Senior Software engineer
We are seeking a talented C/C++ Sr developer to work on exciting project enabling Qualys' security solutions.
Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based security offerings.
What are we looking for in terms of hard skills:
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of hands-on experience developing software products and solutions for service oriented deployment in public or private clouds. Products/services must have demonstrable market share/customer installed base.
- C/C++ programming on Linux platform, skills including design, prototype, development, test, performance profiling, etc. Experience with Golang would be added advantage.
- Strong experience with Linux Netfilter, IPtables, IPset, eBPF is highly desired.
- Good experience with Linux internals and BPF.
- Strong experience with systems programming and networking.
- Hands-on with development tools like GIT, JIRA, Bamboo, etc.
- At least 2 yrs of experience in leading and mentoring team of junior engineers.
- Takes complete ownership for successful delivery of the products, components, modules and features assigned
- Demonstrated high quality focus, and demonstrable scenarios of Test Driven Development.
- Must have experience developing complex software projects with multiple features and short release cycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-driven; requires minimal supervision to work.
- Team player with a “can do” attitude yet modest and humble attitude when it comes to collaborating within team and across other teams
- Uncompromising attitude when it comes to quality and help raise bar of product, team members and hence overall engineering organization.
- Having knowledge of Puppet, CoreOS, Kubernetes and distributed systems would be added advantage.