Qualys is looking for International Accountant to join their International Accounting team at Pune office. Primary responsibilities include managing the monthly accounting, payments and reporting process for Qualys international entities / offices particularly for General Ledger processes. This is a unique position offering greater breadth and career opportunity than traditional accounting roles.
- Preparation & recording of Journal entries, Maintenance of General Ledger (GL) accounts for all Qualys International entities / locations,
- Handling AP activities – setting-up new vendor records, invoice processing, periodic / ad-hoc payment runs & reconciliations,
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy & adhering to strict timelines for periodical accounting close for all Qualys International entities / offices,
- Thorough knowledge & hands-on experience in Record-to-Report (R-2-R) process in similar set-up,
- Ensuring accuracy of transaction posting, maintaining complete documentation and carrying out periodic reviews.
- As a part of GL team/ process, responsible for preparation of month / quarter / year end schedules and balance sheet reconciliations
- Posting and matching of inter-company transactions and balances.
- Analysis of various areas of P&L and BS e.g., Expense and Variance analysis/Flux analysis.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place and working for assigned processes along with compliance to US GAAP (SOX), IFRS as well as local statutory laws.
- Provide assistance and support for internal and external audits for assigned processes.
- Actively participate in Accounting / Finance process improvement initiatives, focused on standardization and automation opportunities globally.
- Working on ad-hoc reporting / special projects as requested by the management / business users.
- Business or Accounting degree required, MBA (Finance) preferred.
- Accounting experience with IT MNC’s with a minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience of working in a multi-national software product company or SaaS preferred.
- Good understanding of accounting particularly IFRS/US GAAP including practical application.
- Experience with NetSuite (Oracle Application), Concur and Coupa is preferred.
- Strong attention to details and good problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office with analytical and reporting background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Shift working may be required for this role with a few hours of overlap with US west coast time zone.