Information Developer - Japanese
This role is within the TechPubs team of the Support organization and would translate English Help content into Japanese.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Translate the new English content into Japanese
- Establish a process with TechPubs to consume English content in its existing format
- Establish a process with engineering to publish the latest Japanese translated content
- Understand the product based on discussions with TechPubs, Engineering, and QA and then translate into accurate Japanese
- Interactively contribute to the Japanese content creation and maintenance process.
- Deliver variety of content i.e. online help, quick starts, Support KB articles, FAQs, API user guides, video in Japanese language
- Work with reviewers to ensure technical accuracy and appropriateness of content according to prescribed project deliverables and schedules.
- Performs tasks related to the construction of technical and non-technical illustrations and graphics or changes to existing illustrations/graphics.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of documentation.
- Be Japanese Language Profiency Testing (JLPT) certified
- Have technical writing experience
- Have Japanese translation experience
- Have experience developing technical documentation for enterprise software audiences in the Japanese language
- Have ability to adjust priorities and quickly learn new technologies and software applications
- Have ability to effectively own and handle multiple products
- Have be a team player
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with global and culturally diverse departments and groups to gather the right information at the right time
- Have the ability to ask the right questions to understand the product and product features well.
- Hands-on experience with accepted team collaboration, authoring and publishing tools
- Have the enthusiasm and eagerness to contribute towards building great technical content