Senior Public Relations Specialist
Qualys (NASDAQ: QLYS) is one of the leading cybersecurity companies in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Public Relations Specialist to help evangelize Qualys and its role in making the digital world a safer place!
As the Senior PR Specialist, you’ll handle inhouse media relations, developing and pitching stories to the media working closely with the Director of Corporate Communications. You’ll also help with writing content including press releases, blog posts, ghostwritten articles, case studies, video scripts and more.
We’re looking for a PR professional that is passionate about technology, preferably with a background in cybersecurity, and is continually thinking of innovative ways to drive greater impact. The ideal candidate must have a PR agency background, be skilled at media relations and assimilate technical information transforming it into clear, compelling content.
This position is based out of our Foster City, CA, headquarters.
- Media/Influencer Relations - Demonstrate strong relationships with key media and thought leaders across business and industry. Understands and follows the news agenda and positions Qualys and its solutions within the wider news narrative. Proactively researches new media and opportunities for Qualys and conducts regular and ongoing proactive pitches that generate meaningful coverage across a variety of outlets.
- Writing – Ability to generate and edit award submissions, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, briefing books, contributed articles, speaking abstracts, pitches, Q&As and pitch in on general marketing content.
- Social Media - Uses social media platforms to expand your network, develop media relationships and positively impact results. Assist community manager with management of social media channels
- Contribute to the success of the overall marketing team with activities including copyeditor for a variety of marketing materials. Be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and AP style.
- Reporting and analysis - Familiar with Cision and TrendKite. Tracks and reports on media activity, including coverage reports, press clippings and online media engagement.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 3- 5 years of experience with at least two years working in a technology-focused PR agency, ideally with experience in cybersecurity
- Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Communications, Marketing, English or related field
- Knowledge of social media and PR software including Cision and Trendkite
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to operate independently – taking responsibility for projects and seeing them through to completion. And, as an in “the trenches” team member, pitch in as needed to get the job done
- Video and audio storytelling experience from concept through to production is a plus