Principal Software Engineer
We are seeking a talented Principal Software Engineer to help build next generation Network Security product.
Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based Network Security product.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation Micro-Services based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
- You will be building next generation of Network Security product in the cloud
- You'll create high-performance Restful APIs to be consumed by UI, other internal and external partners
- You will be building highly scalable Micro-services that interacts with Qualys Cloud Platform
- Research, evaluate and adopt next generation technologies
- Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future
- 8+ years of experience as a hands-on developer
- Strong Java programming skills including design, prototype, development, test, performance profiling, etc.
- Solid understanding of JVM concepts like Garbage Collection, Heap, Stack, Profiling, parameters for fine tuning, Class Loading, etc.
- Experience with SAAS based software products and solutions for service oriented deployment in public or private clouds. (g. Private cloud, AWS, Azure, Rackspace etc.)
- Solid understanding of RDBMS preferably Oracle
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database
- Solid understanding of Java data structures and algorithms
- Agile Development with Scrum, WaterFall, Iterative or mix of any of them based on projects
- Experience developing enterprise applications
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience building applications in the Network Security Space
- Experience with stream processing frameworks such as Apache Samza, Spark or Storm