Director, Content Marketing
Director, Content Marketing
Qualys (NASDAQ: QLYS) is one of the leading cybersecurity companies in the world.
We are looking for an accomplished writer to help evangelize Qualys, and make the digital world a safer place!
As the Director, Content Marketing , you’ll help plan, write and edit a wide variety of content, including blog posts, ghostwritten articles, website copy, sales collateral, datasheets, demand generation emails, landing pages, case studies, video scripts, and more.
We’re looking for a writer that is passionate about technology, preferably in cybersecurity, cloud or IT, and is constantly thinking of innovative ways to drive greater impact. The ideal candidate should be skilled at research, can assimilate technical information, and transform it into clear, compelling content.
This position is based out of our Foster City, CA, headquarters.
- A thinker and strategist who can collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop clear, concise and engaging stories aligned with Qualys messaging. Content will be delivered in a variety of formats (web copy, blogs, whitepapers, infographics, guides, ebooks, videos, etc.)
- Create and implement a content strategy, including the development of themes/topics, content creation, curation, and distribution with the end goals of driving thought-leadership, customer acquisition, and ongoing customer success.
- Develop and maintain a functional content calendar including blog calendar based on audience insights, keyword research, messaging themes, and campaign plans.
- Help develop content for demand generation including emails, landing pages, banner ads, paid search, advertising, etc.,
- Ensure all content is consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, and print.
- Copyeditor for a variety of marketing materials. Be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong writing skills with a diverse portfolio of published work, both long-form and short-form; grammar master and AP style expert. A background in journalism preferred but not essential
Experience with digital marketing, and demand generation, tools and principles
Video and audio storytelling experience from concept through to production is a plus
Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field or equivalent experience
5+ years of writing experience with B2B technology companies, including experience in cybersecurity