Big Data Architect
We are seeking a talented Big Data Architect to help build next generation Security Analytics product from ground-up.
Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based Security Analytics product.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation Micro-Services based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open-source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated and passionate engineer who can work and support by working with other team to excellence and achieve business objectives.
- Be the thought leader in data platform and pipeline.
- Provide technical leadership to the engineering organization on data platform design, roll out and evolution.
- Liason to product teams, professional services and sales engineers on solution and trade-off reviews and represent engineering in such conversations.
- Drive technology explorations and roadmaps.
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional departments.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Leverage knowledge of internal and industry prior art in design decisions.
- Effectively research and benchmark cloud technology against other competing systems in the industry.
- Able to document the details so it will be easy for developers to understand the requirements.
- Assisting developers with proper requirements and directions.
- Contribute intellectual property through patents.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Able to share knowledge and train others.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 10 to 12+ years of total experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in design and architecture Big Data solutions
- 5+ years' experience in understanding Big Data events flow pipeline.
- 3+ years' experience in working with engineering resources for innovation.
- 3+ years’ experience in performance testing for large infrastructure.
- 3+ In depth experience in understanding various search solutions solr/elastic.
- 3+ years’ experience in Kafka
- In depth experience in Data lakes and related ecosystems.
- In depth experience of messing queue
- In depth experience in giving requirements to build a scalable architecture for Big data and Micro-services environments.
- In depth experience in understanding caching components or services
- Hands-on experience in scripting and automation
- In depth understanding of RDBMS/NoSQL, Oracle , Cassandra , Kafka , Redis, Hadoop, lambda architecture, kappa , kappa ++ architectures with flink data streaming and rule engines
- Experience in working with ML models engineering and related deployment.
- Design and implement secure big data clusters to meet many compliances and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in leading the delivery of large-scale systems focused on managing the infrastructure layer of the technology stack.
- Strong experience in doing performance benchmarking testing for Big data technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
- Experience in Big Data services administration would be added value.
- Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO Modeling, working on internet, UNIX, Middleware, and database related projects.
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issue.
- Project management experience