Lead Software Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented Senior Software Engineer to work on Qualys’ Container Security team.
Working alongside a very talented team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly-scalable SaaS-based cloud security data platform. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team-building Qualys’ next-generation microservices-based technology platform processing over 10's of millions of transactions per day, leverage open source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
- Co-develop with a strong sense of ownership Qualys’ big-data platform that scales to meet/exceed the demands of processing over 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day. Architecture, performance, scalability, high availability and security will be your primary goals for delivering a first-rate experience to our customers.
- Work closely with engineering teams, product management and operations to provide platform and infrastructure features and components to support Qualys’ business objectives.
- Produce high-quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future.
- Mentoring the team and defining coding standards for the team to follow.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with developing SaaS-based software products and solutions for service-oriented deployments in public (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) or private clouds.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Java programming skills including object-oriented design, prototyping, development, testing, profiling, etc.
- Knowledge of JVM concepts like garbage collection, heap, stack, profiling, class loading, etc.
- Strong in data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate technical concepts within and across teams.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math or related field.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with distributed technologies like Cassandra, Mongo, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with GO is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.