Lead QA Engineer
- Mentor other QA personnel and ensure the team is focusing on automation along with manual testing and lead by innovation.
- Lead product’s QA and report to QA manager for continuous feedback and improvement. Ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
- Work closely with the engineering team to understand product architecture and functionality to ensure that the quality engineers get apt support like automation hooks or debug builds wherever and whenever possible.
- Work closely on the deadlines of the project and keep raising the bar, standards of all the quality processes on every release
- Takes complete ownership of release deliverables along with multitasking and mentoring.
- Improve processes for test plan reviews and ensure that that test plans get reviewed by all stakeholders.
- Review test strategies and see that all the various kinds of testing like unit, functional, performance, stress, acceptance etc. are getting covered.
- Assist in troubleshooting customer issues and providing root cause analysis whenever needed. Should be focal point of contact for the QA team for all the escalations related to testing and Quality assurance.
- Ensure that the several testing , validation processes and automation is improved continuously.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in testing distributed backend software architectures, automation and leading team of 2- 4 engineers.
- Good knowledge of any public or private Cloud platform.
- 3+ years of work experience in test automation of multi-tier Enterprise and/or Cloud, SaaS applications.
- Hand-on experience in Python/shell or any other scripting language is required.
- Hands on experience of functional UI and API automation.
- Good to have knowledge of Robot framework knowledge.
- Experience with microservices architecture using Kubernetes and Docker containers is a plus.
- Comfortable with CI/CD build processes and managing QA Environments as well as working with build management tools like Git, Bamboo, Jenkins.
- Certification of AWS, Azure and GCP any of the Cloud is a big plus.
- Knowledge of testing web application security and vulneraries is a big plus.