Finance Applications Manager, IT
Qualys, Inc is a pioneer and leading provider of disruptive cloud-based IT, security, and compliance solutions with over 19,000 active customers in more than 130 countries, including a majority of each of the Forbes Global 100 and Fortune 100. Qualys helps organizations streamline and consolidate their security and compliance solutions in a single platform and build security into digital transformation initiatives for greater agility, better business outcomes, and substantial cost savings.
The Qualys Cloud Platform and its integrated Cloud Apps deliver businesses critical security intelligence continuously, enabling them to automate the full spectrum of auditing, compliance, and protection for IT systems and web applications across on premises, endpoints, cloud, containers, and mobile environments.
The ideal candidate possesses in-depth functional knowledge and an aptitude for Finance process and systems. You will identify, design, and build technology-driven solutions that enable strategic initiatives and operational improvements, including the implementation of Digital Finance. In this role, you will work closely with our Finance and supporting teams to enable strategic solutions. You will help to design and deploy changes to systems and processes in all aspects of the global finance process, including General Ledger, Cost Accounting, Procurement, Finance Planning, Reporting and Tax areas.
This position will report into Vice President , Business Applications
Essential Responsibilities And Tasks
- Serve as the IT lead on Finance related strategic initiatives and system implementations throughout the end-to-end solution design and development, from design through deployment.
- You will work closely with team members, leaders, and product owners to execute product delivery as well as continual strategy setting and evaluation of delivery team structure in alignment with firm needs and direction.
- You will act as a hands-on subject matter expert for Revenue Recognition, Billing Architecture and other financial applications that interact with NetSuite. The role requires taking ownership of the architecture and design of critical cloud-based business applications used by Qualys’s Finance and Accounting partners within the NetSuite domain.
- Review design, code, deployment strategies and other technical aspects of Qualys’s Financial Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships and relationships with internal Business partners and adjacent Technology organizations including Quality Assurance, User Experience, Program Mgt Office and Enterprise Architecture
- Help with development of relevant training materials, business process flows and SOP’s, and support training delivery to relevant team members.
- Contribute to the solutions repository/best practices and knowledge share activities and participate in Subject Matter Expert programs.
- Problem solve and provide hands-on support during post-go live hyper care and support phases.
- Drive decisions across cross-functional teams in both the technical and operational areas, ensuring tradeoffs are understood and mitigations are put in place when required.
- Define and drive documentation of current and target state business processes and related systems flow with emphasis on cross-functional impact.
- Take a “Big Picture” view - ensure creation of new systems and processes integrates effectively into the existing landscape and does not disrupt business continuity.
- Removing obstacles and coordinating resources to continually increase team throughput, predictability, and quality
- Develop and execute on-going improvements for processes related to the team (e.g. incident management escalations)
- Deep understanding of the product team’s systems, processes, priorities, and technologies while representing these aspects to all levels of Technology leadership
- Guide teams to do their work in a way that minimizes key-person dependencies and knowledge silos
- Representation to ensure firm and division processes are followed and risk is reduced by the product team (e.g. compliance change management, information security, etc.)
- Ability to hold teams accountable for setting and achieving Service Level Objectives
In the people leadership portion of this role, this leader will be responsible for:
- Coaching and mentoring of each team member through observation and timely feedback
- Identification of key team positions and develop ready-now successors
- Develop and execute on-going improvements for processes related to the team (e.g. resource management and support processes).
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relationships across teams, departments, vendors, and other divisions
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with vendors while aligning to the firm's objectives
Qualifications Required in the job:
- 10+ years of expertise in ERP/SAAS based financial systems roles
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience as an Enterprise Solution Architect/ Lead for Financials with 2+ complex, for NetSuite/Oracle ERP Financials Cloud experience with General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Intercompany, Asset Management, Procurement, Expenses, Costing and Enterprise Contracts
- Experience with Coupa, Revpro, Avalara, Netsuite, Salesforce, Anaplan
- Knowledge of Java
- Previous experience with usage based billing models
- Recognizes the importance of continuous improvement and finding opportunities to streamline/optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules, and improve quality