Director, Enterprise Architecture
Qualys is seeking an experienced and innovative leader to drive Enterprise Architecture within its global IT organization. This individual will have deep solution architecture experience as well as an understanding of emerging technical trends and innovation. They must possess a strategic thought process, strong business acumen, and the ability to influence senior leadership. Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of corporate IT infrastructure, SaaS applications, security, and architectural patterns to drive business and IT objectives in a dynamic, high growth environment.
This position involves establishing and building scalable and secure system, integration, and data architecture solutions; as well as providing expertise and guidance on the design and establishment of IT architecture standards that align with current and future business needs. Your success in this role will be determined by your broad and in-depth technical expertise and the ability to share that with others.
- Translate business and technical requirements into architectural blueprints to achieve business objectives and document solution architecture design and analysis
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (current and future state) and determines corresponding enterprise system designs and changes required to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes
- Lead the development and execution of enterprise system and application architecture programs in collaboration with the technology partners of various domains
- Lead evaluation, design, and analysis for the implementation of a solutions architecture across business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, capabilities, value-streams, requirements, and enterprise standards
- Design reference architectures, systems and/or processes that provide efficient, effective solutions for diverse, complex problems.
- Establish and facilitate the adoption of integration patterns to ensure business applications are securely and sustainably integrated and the data flow is consistent.
- Promote and evangelize shared application services to encourage reuse, reduce costs and improve information flows.
- Review technology-related investment proposals and verify technology solution proposals and designs are consistent with enterprise architectural guidelines/standards, and potential risks have been identified.
- Partner closely with the security team to ensure current and future state enterprise architecture is aligned with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Participate as an integral member of the IT leadership team responsible for defining and implementing IT strategy and continuous improvement objectives.
- Bachelors degree (or Masters) in a relevant acumen.
- 12+ years’ experience in large scale IT environments and/or consulting experience
- Proven track record of success using architecture and automation to adapt to changing needs, and how to shift architecture and development practices to integrate legacy systems with modern architectures
- Experience with full life cycle delivery of large complex systems (e.g., CRM, ERP platforms).
- Demonstrated experience in aligning stakeholders, building consensus, and driving change at scale.
- Proven experience managing the evaluation, selection, delivery and performance of technology solution providers and offerings.
- Demonstrated ability developing enterprise architecture models and strategic roadmaps, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong business and technical acumen with understanding of EA tools and techniques.
- Experience with ERP (NetSuite), Salesforce CRM & CPQ, HRIS (Workday), Middleware and BI (Tableau) is a huge plus.