Lead Data Warehouse Engineer
Qualys, Inc are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Data Platform and Data Warehouse Architect with expert level skills to build future ready Data Warehouse. This is a very valuable role in the organization and requires a lot of engagement with Data Governance Chair and Council along with key business stakeholders. You will be the Data warehouse owner.
- The idea candidate will have experience in Data Design, Modelling and Architecture with an expert level knowledge of Data warehouse design and implementation.
- Design and develop a future ready robust data warehouse that meets Business and IT requirements
- Design, develop and support conceptual/logical/physical data model for analytics solutions.
- Ensure the DW exhibits high level of performance, security, scalability, maintainability and appropriate reusability as the entire organization will be dependent on it.
- Ensure that the industry accepted data architecture principles, standards, guidelines and concepts are integrated with those of allied disciplines.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with the market trends and competitive insights. Collaborate and share the knowledge with the team
- Work very closely with the Data Governance Chair and Council to align with the Enterprise-wide security, standards, policies and procedures
- Help scale up the solution and provide technological insights for the future.
- Work very closely with the BI and Reporting Teams
- 3 years of relative experience n the field of Data Architecture, Design, Modelling and Data Warehouse implementation
- Demonstrated experience of designing and implementing Enterprise grade DW
- Demonstrated experience in the field of ETL using any of the market leading technologies.
- Demonstrated and in-depth knowledge of Data Warehouse, Data Lakes, Database admin and management
- Demonstrated experience of implementing DW solutions with different models such as Normalized, Star and Snowflake models. Should have experience with structured and unstructured data
- Prime focus of Data Quality, Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Deep understanding of operational dependencies on applications, networks, systems.
- Bachelor or master’s in computer engineering/Information Technology and well versed with the SDLC.
- A very good team player, always ready to share knowledge and information with fast and responsive communication.
- Ready to take ownership and accountability of the tasks with quality delivery
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills. Timely completion of work under deadlines.
There are tremendous growth opportunities at Qualys as Data Warehouse is being built from scratch. You will be a very valuable person at the organization with best in industry culture and benefits.