We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Engineering Manager, Security Applications to work on Qualys’ next-generation products. Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting highly scalable SaaS-based cloud security service. This is a great opportunity to build Qualys' next generation micro-services based products that process over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leveraging open source and proprietary technologies.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building large, scalable SaaS products, and is a creative thinker, problem solver, teacher, learner, and a fantastic manager of people.
- Develop best-in-class Qualys’ next-generation products
- Passionate about building a world class team that excels at developing innovative Security SaaS products
- Customer focused and highly driven to solve real problems for customers.
- Create high-performance APIs, libraries and micro-services that scale to meet/exceed the demands of processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day
- Ensure highly available services with zero downtime. Be responsible for developing and running the SaaS service in partnership with the SRE and operations teams.
- Ensure that you maximize the productivity of your team, especially by predicting and resolving obstacles and dependencies before they’re needed
- Ensure collaboration, communication, and proper expectation setting across teams
- Put in place and enforce best-in-class processes for ensuring high quality and high uptime for the product developed by the team
- Research, evaluate and adopt next-generation technologies
- Produce high-quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future
- Participate in architecture reviews related to performance and scalability of products
- 8+ years hands-on development experience including relevant experience developing SaaS-based software products and solutions for service-oriented deployments in public (AWS, Azure, Rackspace, etc.) or private clouds.
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team of engineers and architects.
- Ability to lead and influence team members to forge consensus on technical discussions including architectural and design guidelines, code reviews, release process, etc.
- Strong Java programming skills including object-oriented design, prototyping, development, testing, profiling, etc.
- Knowledge of JVM concepts like garbage collection, heap, stack, profiling, class loading, etc.
- Have built scalable SaaS platforms utilizing microservices/distributed systems architecture using:
- RESTful API's consumed by internal and external partners
- Messaging middleware using JMS, AMQP, Kafka, NATS, etc.
- In-memory caching using Redis, Memcached, etc.
- Persistence in RDBMS or NoSQL Systems
- Applied principles of site reliability engineering for monitoring and alerting of applications
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Strong in data structures and algorithms
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math or related field
- Experience with RDBMS systems (preferably Oracle)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably Cassandra)
- Built Security services from the ground up
- Network Security domain knowledge
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Grafana, and Prometheus
- Experience with Hashicorp technologies such as Consul, Vault, Terraform and Vagrant
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- In-depth experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Exposure to Maven, Ant or Gradle for builds