As a DevOps Engineer at Qualys, you are an integral team member of the DevOps (Build and Release) team whose responsibility is to develop and use cutting edge tools, services and processes to streamline the deployment, upgrade, maintenance of the Build and Release infrastructure and build out the next generation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment.
- Continually maintain and improve software build methodology, procedures, and environment
- Provide support for creating accounts, setting up access and permissions, build plans and other day-to-day tasks.
- Quickly pinpoint, isolate and resolve build failures with the help from development team
- Design, develop, and maintain product packaging, installation, upgrade, management and administration scripts and utilities
- Integrate developer unit tests, code analysis and security tools into build process
- Build and manage repositories including source code, rpm and docker image repositories
- Manage and maintain configuration management infrastructure using Puppet and Ansible for the build infrastructure.
- Deploy, manage, upgrade systems, services and containers using automated configuration management and service orchestration tools
- Monitor and alert the Build and OPS teams based on system performance metrics, analysis of log files and custom alert rules
- Ensure uptime SLA for the DevOps infrastructure, services and applications as part of the global DevOps team
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly uptime and status reports for production and critical internal infrastructure
- 3+ Years of proven Development, Operations and/or DevOps experience with deploying and maintaining global multi-tiered infrastructures and web applications
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment and Agile practices.
- Good Linux system administrator skills and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Expertise in scripting languages such as python, perl, ruby or php
- Tenacious and aggressive troubleshooting skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Experience with source code repository tools such as Bitbucket and Subversion
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo
- Experience with binary artifact repositories like Nexus and Artifactory.
- Knowledge and use of code analysis and code coverage tools like: Coverity, Purify, Sonar, Cobertura
- Strong command of configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation in a large scale environment.
- Experience using system and application monitoring tools like Nagios, monit, statsd, SolarWinds, CopperEgg, New Relic, AppDynamics
- Experience using log collection tools like Splunk or ELK stack
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Deployment of instances using virtualization technologies like VMware, Eucalyptus, KVM, Openstack
- Knowledge in working with relational databases like Oracle, MSSQL or Mysql
- Experience with Blue Green Deployment to reduce downtime and risk, provide continuous deployment and fast rollback
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math or related field