Technical Account Manager - Field Post Sales - Federal
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for actively driving and managing the post sales process with US Federal customers. The TAM must be able to articulate the company's technology and product positioning to both technical and leadership personnel. Must be able to identify all technical and business issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain technical relationships with technical & executive level contacts for assigned accounts.
This position is open to candidates based in the Washington DC area including Virginia & Maryland.
- Provide product and technical support for assigned accounts
- Identify and develop potential new business opportunities
- Convey customer requirements to Product Management, Marketing and Engineering teams
- Provide functional and technical support to customers
- Respond to customer questions on technical best practices and business related issues
- Deliver high-level and detailed technical sales presentations
- Responsible for attending conferences, seminars, etc
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with strong knowledge in the technical security space: security assessment, configuration auditing, network security, indicators of compromise, DAST, endpoint security, IaaS security & other enterprise security solutions.
- Knowledge in variety of Federal Compliance issues a plus: FedRAMP, STIGs, FIPs.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in response to emails, RFIs, RFPs
- Must be comfortable interacting at all levels within customer organizations, i.e., from C-level to front-line technical staff
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate technical sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- 5-7 years relevant experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to travel throughout sales territory
- Technical security experience in the Federal space to include system integrators a plus