Senior Software Engineer
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team-building Qualys’ next-generation Micro-Services based Container Security product processing over 10's of millions of transactions per day, leverage open source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting problems.
Experience building SaaS platforms utilizing microservices/distributed systems architecture. You'll co-develop Qualys’ best-in-class next-generation platform and middleware products. You'll create high-performance APIs, libraries and microservices that scale to meet/exceed the demands of customer requirements. Research, evaluate and adopt next-generation technologies. Produce high-quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future
- 8+ years of experience as a hands-on engineer developing SAAS based software products and solutions in public or private clouds.
- Experience building SaaS platforms utilizing microservices/distributed systems architecture.
- Strong Java programming skills including design, prototype, development, test, performance profiling, etc.
- Prior experience with NoSQL databases and RDBMS systems.
- Data platform design/build utilizing distributed systems leveraging Cassandra, Mongo, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Flink, Spark or similar technologies.
- Solid understanding of JVM concepts like Garbage Collection, Heap, Stack, Profiling, parameters for fine-tuning, Class Loading, etc.
- Solid understanding of Java data structures and algorithms.
- Agile Development with Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative or mix of any of them based on projects.
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate technical concepts within and across teams.
- Experience with NoSQL database Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience in technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Lxc, OpenShift is a plus
- Experience in developing search-based applications using Elasticsearch or Solr
- Experience with stream processing frameworks such as Apache Samza, Flink, Spark or Storm
- Experience with GO is a plus.