Lead DevOps Engineer
We are seeking a talented Lead DevOps Engineer to help build next generation Security Analytics product.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer at Qualys, you will be an integral member of the DevOps team whose responsibility includes prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable release and deployment automation pipeline.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a team building Qualys’ next generation Micro-Services based technology platform, processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open-source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
- Lead a team of DevOps Engineers with a vision of achieving a truly scalable and maintainable release/deployment automation pipeline.
- Communicate effectively with the Development & QA managers on release milestones, sprints and roadmap activities with respect to release/deployment automation pipeline.
- Co-develop the automation pipeline that is responsible in managing the configuration of different production environments.
- Prototype, design and develop tools that could release software changes with high velocity and confidence.
- Enhance the automation pipeline to support multiple public cloud providers and Qualys owned private cloud providers.
- Research, evaluate and adopt next generation technologies.
- Deploy, manage, upgrade systems, services and containers of the pipeline using automated configuration management and service orchestration tools.
- Monitor and alert the DevOps and SRE teams based on system performance metrics, analysis of log files and custom alert rules.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly uptime and status reports for production and critical internal infrastructure.
- Perform analysis and make recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency in the DevOps space.
- Assist with plans for development and QA to effectively utilize CI/CD pipelines and cloud based, potentially containerized platforms and infrastructures.
- Collaborate on estimates of work effort for all feature and user stories as a team DevOps subject-matter expert.
- Provide technical and cultural training, guidance, and resource support for all departmental staff in the DevOps area.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math or related field.
- 3+ years of leading a team of engineers in architecting, designing and developing release/deployment pipelines
- 6+ years of experience in the field of datacenter infrastructure management (UNIX/Docker/ Kubernetes/ Microservices)
- 5+ years of experience in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment and Agile practices.
- Good Linux system administrator skills and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Expertise in scripting languages such as python, ruby or php
- Tenacious and aggressive troubleshooting skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Strong command of configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation in a large-scale environment.
- Experience using log collection tools like Splunk or ELK stack
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Deployment of instances using virtualization technologies like VMware, Eucalyptus, KVM, Open Stack
- Knowledge in working with relational databases like Oracle, MSSQL or MySQL
- Experience with Blue Green Deployment to reduce downtime and risk, provide continuous deployment and fast rollback
- Software development experience/full stack development
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing deployments from development to production
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- In-depth experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Exposure to Maven, Ant or Gradle for builds
- Scripting (Python, Bash, PowerShell etc.)
- Linux OS proficiency
- Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Puppet
- Jira, Jenkins, GIT proficiency
- Handle scripting and automation through Java, Bash, Python.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Built an automation pipeline from the ground up
- Experience with developing plugins for Jenkins
- Experience with developing plugins for Atlassian tools
- Experience with developing plugins for Gradle
- Experience with developing binary plugins for Ansible in Golang
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Grafana and Prometheus
- Experience with Hashi Corp technologies such as Consul, Vault, Terraform and Vagrant