Technical Account Manager (Pre Sales)
About the job
The Pre-Sales Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for actively driving and managing new direct and channel business prospects
We are looking for a candidate who combines a sales background with the technical skills of an engineer. Strong sales skills are a must, and the ability to lead the prospects through the sales cycle.
The ideal candidate must also have a strong technical background.
This position is open to Australian permanent resident candidates currently based in Sydney or Melbourne
- Hunt, develop, and close new business opportunities
- Delivery of high-level and detailed sales presentations
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Build and maintain relationships with key business and technical stakeholders
- Provide functional and technical support to prospects and customers
- Reporting through Company’s CRM
- Responsible for attending conferences, seminars virtually, in-region, and nationally
- Ability to manage a realistic sales funnel, follow up on inbound leads quickly, and build relationships with decision-makers in ASX 300 size companies.
- Our Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with strong knowledge in cloud security and compliance space: Vulnerability Management, Policy Compliance, Web Application Scanning, Threat Hunting / Endpoint Detection and Response, File Integrity Monitoring, and other enterprise security solutions.
- Strong track record of hunting, consulting and closing new business opportunities
- Strong time management and account management skills
- Experience with Qualys is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with compliance benchmarks such as CIS level 1 & 2, PCI (Payment Card Industry), APRA (Australian Prudential Regulation Authority) PPG234, ASD (Australian Signals Directorate) Essential Eight
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in response to emails, RFPs and when submitting reports
- 5-7 years relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to travel throughout sales territory
- Able to comfortably present to prospects and clients using video conferencing solutions in a work-from-home environment