Country Manager - ANZ
The Country Manager, ANZ is responsible for leading the overall business while recruiting and day-to-day management of the sales group as well as manage C-Level customer and partner relationships.
The Country Manager must be able to articulate the Company's technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all business and technical issues within assigned region to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Lead and manage the overall business in the ANZ region.
- Provide product and technical support for assigned accounts.
- Recruitment, management and hiring of sales staff located in ANZ region.
- Develop and grow Lead Qualifications group.
- Identify and develop potential new business opportunities.
- Convey customer requirements to Product Management, Marketing and Engineering teams.
- Provide functional and technical support to customers in support of sales staff.
- Respond to customer questions on technical and business related issues.
- Deliver high-level and detailed sales presentations to C-Level.
- Responsible for representing and speaking at conferences, seminars, etc
- Ideal candidate must be self-driven with strong knowledge in security and compliance space: Vulnerability Management, Policy Compliance, Intrusion Detection Systems IDS, Intrusion Prevention Systems IPS, Network Scanners, PCI, Policy Compliance and Audit Tools, other enterprise security solutions
- Knowledge in variety of Federal Regulatory Compliance issues a plus: ISO 27001, HIPAA, GLBA, Sarbanes Oxley SOX, etc.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in response to emails, RFPs and when submitting reports.
- Must be comfortable interacting at all levels within customer organizations, i.e., from C-level to front-line technical staff.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 10 to 15 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Able to travel throughout the region.
- 'Big 4' or similar consulting experience a plus.