This role is within the TechPubs team of the Support organization and would create modern online content that helps users of Qualys Cloud Platform and its integrated apps. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating content that helps train users quickly and effectively in a modern way.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of high-quality technical documentation by working with diverse stakeholders to scope, design, edit, and publish internal/external facing technical content.
- Interactively contribute to the documentation creation and maintenance process.
- Take ownership of the documentation for multiple products, follow through and complete the product cycle, and report accurate and timely status for all assignments.
- Write and update high quality help content and user interface (UI) messaging.
- Create new help content that addresses user needs, use cases
- Deliver variety of content i.e. online help, quick starts, Support KB articles, FAQs, API user guides, videos
- Work with reviewers to ensure technical accuracy and appropriateness of content according to prescribed project deliverables and schedules.
- Performs tasks related to the construction of technical and non-technical illustrations and graphics or changes to existing illustrations/graphics.
- Work closely with Support team, Product Management, Development, QA, to drive the creation and production of technical information for blogs, Community, Knowledge Base system, technical white papers etc.
- Ensures compliance with customer requirements, company and government specifications, engineering standards, and language usage principles.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of documentation.
- Ability to concentrate, attention to detail, and command of the English language.
- Have at least 4+ years of technical writing experience
- Have experience developing technical documentation for enterprise software audiences
- Have worked on creating User Guides, Online Help, API documents etc.
- Have ability to adjust priorities and quickly learn new technologies and software applications
- Have ability to effectively own and handle multiple products
- Have be a team player
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with global and culturally diverse departments and groups to gather the right information at the right time
- Have the ability to ask the right questions to understand the product and product features well.
- Hands-on experience with accepted team collaboration, authoring and publishing tools
- Have good editing skills and preferred to have hands-on with Adobe FrameMaker, Robohelp, Illustrator, Acrobat, Microsoft Office Tools/Suite, and Google Docs
- Have the enthusiasm and eagerness to contribute towards building great technical content
- Be able to think out-of-the-box for technical writing solutions
- Be up-to-date with the latest trends in Technical Writing.