Technical Product Manager, Web Application Security
Qualys is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager who is technical, collaborative, and truly excited about helping thousands of enterprise customers secure their internal and external web applications and REST APIs running cutting edge web technologies and incorporating the latest advances in authentication.
The Qualys Cloud Platform specializes in providing customers with a holistic view of their IT assets, their security vulnerabilities, quantify their risk and prioritize remediation. The Qualys brand is trusted by more than nine thousand organizations, including Microsoft, Dow Jones, Daimler, Facebook, GE, Home Depot, and many others.
This is a very visible and hands-on leadership role where you will be part of an international product team defining the future of Qualys Web Application Security (WAS).
Qualys WAS is the industry leading Dynamic Application Security Testing tool available today. With Qualys WAS, organizations can continuously scan and monitor their web applications and REST APIs for the latest threats and vulnerabilities, end-of-life software, and security misconfiguration, all with actionable remediation steps to mitigate risk in custom code.
The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for working directly with engineering teams to execute the requirements of the WAS Product Manager. Additionally, the Technical Product Manager will work across teams with other Technical Product Managers as necessary for managing joint ventures and integrations between WAS and other Qualys products.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to play a key role in the security market and establish themselves as a technical
manager within a world-class enterprise technology company.
As successful candidate, you will have the ability to interface and influence cross-functional teams throughout the company. You will work closely with engineering leadership and be a key member interfacing with product leadership and executive staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Product Manager to ensure that the strategic vision for WAS is executed at the technical level.
- Be the ‘Technical Product Owner’ that the engineering teams look for guidance and leadership
- Lead and collaborate on UX design for this highly visible product line
- Work closely with the WAS product leadership to ensure day-to-day activities have the appropriate priority and have strong alignment to roadmap.
- Oversee key deliverables, timeline and track corresponding engineering releases.
- Work cross-functionally with other Qualys product teams to deliver customer value.
- Serve as a product subject matter expert to Qualys field operations
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience building or maintaining enterprise network and/or security products.
- Background in product management/ownership with 3+ years of proven experience
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills – capable of explaining complex requirements in simple words
- Broad knowledge of IT security markets and products.
- Experience building SaaS products and API Integrations.
- Experience building enterprise products that process and analyze big data.
- Experience with web application security testing
- Experience with OWASP Top 10 for web applications.
- Experience with OWASP Top 10 for APIs.
- Good understanding of software engineering and agile methodologies
- Comfortable with conflicts and capable of influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Any programing or integration experience in the past will be highly beneficial
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, (or equivalent experience).