Senior IT System Engineer
As a Senior IT System Engineer, you are the go-to person for advice, trend, and technology relating to computer, peripheral, conferencing, audio, camera, phone, projection, and application such as O365, Okta, Duo, OneDrive, SharePoint, and technologies that simplify the usage for employees. You don’t have to be an expert in all technology but you have the analytical skill to gather requirements, discover, define deliverables, identify expertise, and select a provider to implement a solution. In addition, you are the technical lead that helps guide junior staff in difficult situations. You will be an integral part of identifying gaps, problem-solving, dealing with vendors, and mentoring the team.
- On-going review of technology, asset benefit, make a recommendation, plan, and implement.
- Technical lead and working with the team to resolve a complex issue.
- Identify gaps and propose a plan to improve the team's technology, process, procedure, workflow, and effectiveness.
- Highlight problem areas and recommend remediation plans.
- Create, review, and update knowledge base documentation.
- Promote the integration of technology in teaching, learning, and operation by providing assistance and training to team members and employees.
- Define and guide the team on standardization of configuration, process, and procedure.
- Provide On-Call support in an on-call rotation.
- Minimum 7 years experience in an IT supporting role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience highly preferred.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple issues at once while meeting commitment and deadlines.
- Collaborate with team members, technical peers, and promote a strong sense of teamwork.
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills.
- Proven knowledge of both Windows and Mac OS X operating systems is a must.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office product and Office 365 product suite is a must.
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory and related technologies (DNS, file sharing security, centralized printing, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking concepts and technologies (TCP/IP, DHCP, VLAN, VPN, etc.)
- Knowledge of web conferencing, video, audio, VOIP, and PC peripherals.
- Knowledge of MECM/SCCM, JamF, InTune/MDM, AnyConnect/Umbrella are highly desirable.