Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Team is responsible for managing prompt resolution to global customer and partner service requests in a highly secured environment. The primary function of this position is to ensure that each customer interaction is a friendly and professional experience, which addresses the needs of the customer in all stages of the customer service life cycle within Qualys. Customer relationship building and teamwork are key success criteria for this role.
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) works closely with Customer Service, Engineering, Finance, Sales, Alliances and Operations to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with all transactions. The TSE will provide support via phone, email, and WebEx focused on the Qualys portfolio of products and their integration with customer environments.
The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on networking knowledge and must be able to adapt quickly to any technical challenge. You must have a strong Windows foundation and/or solid Linux/Unix experience in an enterprise environment. Candidate must be passionate about security, and individuals with CISSP/CEH, or equivalent, are preferred. Applicant will have a deep understanding of network services and how they work from a protocol/configuration level with applications such as Apache/IIS is an advantage, as well as Windows AD security administration.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Unix/Linux experience in an enterprise environment.
- In-depth TCP/IP understanding.
- LAN/WAN infrastructures.
- Common OS services (IIS, BIND, Apache, AD, WINS, Samba, SSH).
- Strong knowledge of current firewall, Intrusion Detection System technologies, and Network Vulnerability Scanners.
- Windows Active Directory authentication and security.
- Knowledge of Samba/Active Directory integration
- CIFS, DNS, ACL, server/client configuration.
- Splunk usage including but not limited to log queries and report/dashboard generation
- Experienced with packet capture review and diagnosis.
- Oracle and Microsoft SQL knowledge
- Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Systems Management experience (KACE, GPO deployments)
- Previous API support and Regex knowledge.
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python)
- Knowledge of major web server software (IIS, Apache, Websphere, Tomcat, WebLogic), UNIX/Windows web services, and diverse platforms and applications (Linux, Windows 2003/2008, Windows NT, Novell, Lotus Notes, Mac OS).
- CCNA, MCSE, CISSP, CompTIA Security+, and CEH highly desirable.
- Bilingual candidates highly desirable (Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Portuguese)
- Experience with Customer Support and Development Tools (Salesforce, Jira, etc.)