Principal Software Engineer
Rapidly evolving and advanced cyber threats require a radical transformation in the security market, to meet customer needs and protect organizations. This is now a C-level and Board topic in many organizations. Qualys is leading this transformation with 100% SaaS based solutions. With over 3 Billion annual scans, +50 Global F100 brands and over 8,800 customers, Qualys is the life-blood of many organizations. The Qualys Cloud Platform specializes in providing a holistic view of the security vulnerabilities to an organization before they can be exploited. The Qualys brand is trusted by Microsoft, Dow Jones, Daimler, Facebook, GE, Home Depot and many others. https://www.qualys.com/customers/
We are seeking a talented Principal Software Engineer/Architect to work on Qualys’ next-generation Platform & Middleware. Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based cloud security platform. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation microservices based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
- Co-develop Qualys’ best-in-class next-generation platform and middleware products
- Create high-performance APIs, libraries and microservices that scale to meet/exceed the demands of processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day
- Research, evaluate and adopt next generation technologies
- Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future
- 8+ years as a hands-on engineer developing SaaS based software products and solutions for service oriented deployments in public (AWS, Azure, Rackspace, etc.) or private clouds.
- Have built scalable SaaS platforms utilizing microservices/distributed systems architecture using:
- RESTful API's consumed by internal and external partners
- Messaging middleware using JMS, AMQP, Kafka, NATS, etc.
- In-memory caching using Redis, Memcached, etc.
- Strong Java programming skills including object oriented design, prototyping, development, testing, profiling, etc.
- Knowledge of JVM concepts like garbage collection, heap, stack, profiling, class loading, etc.
- Understand data structures and algorithms
- Expertise with RDBMS systems (preferably Oracle)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably Cassandra)
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent
Bonus Points if you have:
- Built a technology platform from the ground up
- Developed search based applications using Elasticsearch or Solr
- Experience with stream processing frameworks such as Apache Samza, Spark or Storm