Principal Product Manager, Vulnerability Research
Qualys is looking for an experienced Product Leader who is technical, and collaborative to join our vulnerability research product team. In this role, you will directly work with the Qualys Research team and help fuel our research strategy and increase our understanding of customer needs and behaviors. This includes evangelizing our research through blogs, webinars, and media interviews. This is a very visible and hands-on PM leadership role where you will conduct research, interact with end-users and customers to define, and bring new Vulnerability Research insights to market. You will work very closely with research team and be a key member interfacing with product leadership and executive staff. The successful candidate will have the ability to interface and influence cross-functional teams throughout the company.
What You Get to Do:
- Own product initiatives related to vulnerability research and drive them to completion.
- Analyze feature requests from customers and prioritize them for development.
- Build relationships with partners/vendors and facilitate vulnerability research
- Evangelize Qualys Research team through blogs, webinars, and media interviews.
- Collaborate with research, engineering, and marketing teams to build industry reports around vulnerability management.
- Function as a central resource with engineering, marketing, and sales as the product(s) move through their lifecycle.
- Synthesize and communicate insights on emergent threats and vulnerabilities and add to appropriate team backlog.
In Order To Be Successful In This Role, We Need Someone Who Has
- 5 years of Industry experience and more than 3 years of product management experience
- BS degree in an applicable field, Master’s preferred.
- Ability to prioritize numerous simultaneous tasks
- Experience identifying and documenting product requirements including specifications and data sheets
- Broad knowledge of IT Security markets and products
- Experience in working with global development teams (SaaS preferred) and managing a number of tasks and priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
Knowledge of Vulnerability Management technology and enterprise Vulnerability Management processes is required.
- Good understanding of competitive product landscape and features
- Ability to distinguish between hype and reality is essential
- Prior experience of working with globally distributed teams is highly desirable.
- Innovation focused – ability to understand disruptive solution where no precedence exists!