The ideal candidate(s) must have excellent writing/editing skills, good communication and interpersonal skills, experience in planning and developing documents from scratch or updating the existing content, and ability to work effectively and constructively with all personality types and with global and culturally diverse groups. Along with this the knowledge of Qualys products and how they help businesses automate the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection of their IT systems and applications.
- Creates, develops, plans, writes, and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, policy, standard, process and procedural publications. Contributes to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of documentation and document sets.
- Own the end-to-end authoring process: design, creation, editing, production, and periodic review. Technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- Evaluate content requests and work with stakeholders, such as Operations, Engineering, Security, and Compliance teams to understand the problem, goals, and desired outcomes.
- Understanding of IT services – SDLC, ITIL, Application Security, Infra/Network Security, etc.
- Develop, write, and maintain high-quality technical documents, including user guides, online help, release notes etc.
- Be able to manage time efficiently and meet project deadlines
- Proof-read and polish technical documents written by other teams.
- Participate in content strategy formulation spanning multiple formats, Presentation
- Participate in content management efforts, process development, and quality governance in support of team success
- Work closely and collaborate with SME’s/Operations team/Software development engineers/Testers for documentation need. Work closely with engineers, SMEs, and other stake holders to ensure that the information in your document is complete and accurate.
- Will interact with developers and customers to identify and close gaps in documentation.
- Will participate in our learning community, recognize trends and topics of interest, and create content that meets the needs of customers and internal stakeholders.
- Research, design, develop, and write technical information online or in print for a variety of audiences and purposes. Research and continuously improve documentation tools, methods, and process.
- Own the end-to-end authoring process: design, development, editing, production, translation, and life cycle management
- Produce documentation that complies with documentation plan requirements
- Conduct a self-review and ensure that the document is free from technical, grammatical, and language errors. Respond to editorial and reviewer feedback.
- Monitor the incoming change requests for existing content and republish the content with editorial changes.
- Independent, takes responsibility for developing and delivering quality documentation.
- Proactively informs the Project Lead/Manager about the project status, issues, or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule, process, and quality.
- Plan, organize, and monitor pre-implementation deliverables and process improvement initiatives identified by stakeholders.
- Work with other teams to manage alignment between company (ITSM and ITSEC) processes and business objectives so as to optimize business performance.
- Coordinate with process owners and technology owners to define technology requirements to support company (ITSM and ITSEC) process strategy and deployment.
- Communicate with stakeholders to assist in developing effective process vision, process strategy and process maturation.
- Develop and maintain process development and optimization programs.
- Maintain and update documentation of process overviews, details and process flows.
- Make process design and development recommendations to standardize, improve, or redesign processes to meet business needs.
- Research and resolve issues identified in the processes and systems of a client’s organization.
- Design and implement new process in order to improve service delivery and client relationship and to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Participate in recruiting, training, leading and managing resources in process improvement areas.
- Contribute in preparing deliverables (e.g. business documents and presentations) and supporting business management activities (e.g. budget management, invoicing).
- Act as main point-of-contact for internal teams in addressing process-related enquiries.
- Maintain process operational conformance to established quality standards, regulatory & contractual requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (BE/B.Tech), Technical Communication, English, Journalism with master’s degree (in any stream) with excellent English language skills
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills having 3 to 6 years of relevant experience in IT Pro/Technical writing
- Excellent inter-personal skills and customer service attitude
- Tech savvy with the ability to explain complex technical matters in a simple manner
- Ability to manage the document development life cycle independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills in US English and UK English
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and research solutions
- Ability to coordinate independently with functional experts, operations teams, development/testing teams, and product engineering teams
- Proficiency in Oxygen XML Author, Madcap Flare, Adobe RoboHelp, Microsoft Word and authoring in DITA and equivalent tools
- Knowledge technical writing concepts and industry standard style guides for documentation
- Knowledge of Security standards or compliance frameworks like ISO, SOC, NIST, ITSG, IRAP, AGID, etc.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and XML
Good to have:
- Knowledge of Information Security, Data Privacy, IT Security Product Design, Automation, Development & Security domains
- Duties and tasks are standard with some variation
- Structured documentation experience preferred
- Contribute to the timely design, production, review and delivery/completion of documentation and document sets
- Displays understanding of roles, policies, standards, processes, and procedures
- Obtain data and information from the appropriate source e.g., technical staff and exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action