This role is within the Qualys Operations & Security Operations teams and would have cross-functional interactions with stakeholders from multiple functions including Development, Product Management, Support, GRC, etc. for quality content creation and streamlining existing technical content/documentation.
The ideal candidate(s) must have excellent writing/editing skills, good communication and interpersonal skills, experience in planning and developing documents from scratch or updating the existing content, and ability to work effectively and constructively with all personality types and with global and culturally diverse groups. Along with this the knowledge of Qualys products and how they help businesses automate the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection of their IT systems and applications.
- Creates, develops, plans, writes, and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, policy, standard, process and procedural publications. Contributes to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of documentation and document sets.
- Own the end-to-end authoring process: design, creation, editing, production, and periodic review. Technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- Evaluate content requests and work with stakeholders, such as Operations, Engineering, Security, and Compliance teams to understand the problem, goals, and desired outcomes.
- Understanding of IT services – SDLC, ITIL, Application Security, Infra/Network Security, etc.
- Develop, write, and maintain high-quality technical documents, including user guides, online help, release notes etc.
- Be able to manage time efficiently and meet project deadlines
- Proof-read and polish technical documents written by other teams.
- Participate in content strategy formulation spanning multiple formats, Presentation
- Participate in content management efforts, process development, and quality governance in support of team success
- Work closely and collaborate with SME’s/Operations team/Software development engineers/Testers for documentation need. Work closely with engineers, SMEs, and other stake holders to ensure that the information in your document is complete and accurate.
- Will interact with developers and customers to identify and close gaps in documentation.
- Will participate in our learning community, recognize trends and topics of interest, and create content that meets the needs of customers and internal stakeholders.
- Research, design, develop, and write technical information online or in print for a variety of audiences and purposes. Research and continuously improve documentation tools, methods, and process.
- Own the end-to-end authoring process: design, development, editing, production, translation, and life cycle management
- Produce documentation that complies with documentation plan requirements
- Conduct a self-review and ensure that the document is free from technical, grammatical, and language errors. Respond to editorial and reviewer feedback.
- Monitor the incoming change requests for existing content and republish the content with editorial changes.
- Independent, takes responsibility for developing and delivering quality documentation.
- Proactively informs the Project Lead/Manager about the project status, issues or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule, process, and quality.