Software QA Engineer
We are seeking a highly talented Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to work on the Qualys Cloud Agent. Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for analyzing, testing, validating and triaging issues for a highly scalable SaaS based cloud security platform.
For this position, you will be required to:
- Review and analyze system specifications and design documents to understand the system and narrow down likely failure cases.
- Coordinate with other QA personnel to develop cost and time-effective test plans
- Develop automated test cases in Python or C#
- Execute and analyze the results of manual and automated test cases
- Thoroughly validate product functionality to ensure conformance with all specifications.
- Create comprehensive bug reports in JIRA for the development team.
- Help to recreate and troubleshoot issues.Conduct post-release/ post-implementation thorough end-to-end testing
- Coordinate with other related teams to validate end-to-end product quality throughout the software development lifecycle
What are we looking for in terms of hard skills:
- 3-5 years of proven experience as a QA tester or similar role
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and regression testing
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of the SQLite database
- Basic understanding of working of the Windows OS - should know troubleshooting commands like how to view network settings, Event Viewer, system configuration, start/stop services, etc.
- Working knowledge of a programming language (C#, Python)
- Ability to write automated tests, in the above language, to manipulate Windows objects such as files, directories and services, and SQLite databases. An analytical mindset with an aptitude to solve problems quickly
- Good communication and organizational skills needed to coordinate with multiple teams
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Engineering or a related field
Bonus points if you have:
- Basic knowledge of C/C++
- Familiarity with patch management / vulnerability management systems or with testing Windows drivers
- Working knowledge of VMware ESXi
What we can offer:
- An environment to thrive and take initiative.
- A workplace, where you can flourish by working with some of the best minds in this field.
- An opportunity to work on world-class innovative products.