Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and manage software patches and upgrades for various environments.
- Provide data and root cause analysis for each service impacting incident with all possible corrective actions for improvement.
- Work with multiple teams in analyzing each service outage, measure, maintain and present the service quality metrics to management.
- Responsible to maintain 24/7 service to customers and reduce MTTR in case of service interruption.
- If required work with customers to identify and resolve customer issues related to Qualys products and services.
- VMWare Installation, configuration, security hardening.
- Different hypervisor installations, configuration, security hardening
- Install servers into the data center and configure them to be put to production.
- Automate various tasks using ansible, python, shell scripts.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues including operating systems, hypervisors, configuration management tools, automation tools.
- Install and configure various open source software including infrastructure automation tools like Fabric, Cobbler, Packer
- Configure DNS, NTP, DHCP, proxy services for various requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 5 years of experience in cloud infrastructure management including production support
- BS or Engineering in Computer science or electronics or related IT focused.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux systems including hardware, software and applications.
- Extensive Knowledge of VMware and other virtualization products.
- Extensive Knowledge on atleast one of public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP and other cloud platforms.
- Hands on experience with Puppet, cloud formation
- Hands on experience with infrastructure automation tools like Fabric, Cobbler, Packer
- Expertise in different types of DNS, NTP configurations and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Storage will be an added advantage.
- Advanced level knowledge of network hardware and network protocols.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in design and support of Unix servers
- Should have good knowledge of information security principles and practices, understanding of security protocols and standards.
- Working experience in SaaS is highly desirable.
- Perl and/or shell scripting considered a plus
- Must be able to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work on 24/7 on-call schedule.
- Must be able to work constructively in team environment.