Data Technologies Engineer - Elastic Search
Qualys is a leading provider of information security and compliance cloud solutions. The Qualys Cloud Platform and its integrated apps help businesses simplify security operations and lower the cost of compliance by delivering critical security intelligence on demand and automating the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection for IT systems and web applications. As a key member of cutting-edge security product company, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to below.
- Hands on experience working with one or more technologies from elastic search 5.x or 2.x , kafka, redis
- In depth understanding of analyzers, mappers, nested queries, aggregations, synonyms, significant terms etc
- Experience in messaging software like kafka or similar technologies.
- Experience in handling large indexes, sharding and maintaining production level clusters
- Should have 4 – 12 years of strong experience in IT Industry with at least 4+ years of experience in Elastic Stack (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Filebeat, Ingest Pipeline)
- In depth understanding of scoring (plus function score / custom scripting)
- You would work with product development and responsible for production support, managing incidents, performing root cause analysis, performance issues and drive them for closure.
- Capacity Planning of Elastic Search Cluster, kafka, redis
- Security features for data in motion and at rest
- Handled concurrent request to ES cluster
- Customized mapping template for indexing
- Fine-tuning techniques of bulk indexing and querying
- Experience in Designing & Data Modelling, Bulk Document Indexing & Search API’s in Elastic Search
- Experience in using Elastic Search Cluster Monitoring Tools (Marvel) Other Mandatory Aspects –
- Experience in NoSQL Data Storage Systems (Redis, Elastic Search)
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design. Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Knowledge of version control systems like GIT and SVN
- Good exposure to virtualization concepts
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills Personal Skills –
- Ability to plan development activities meticulously, identifying dependencies and dedicatedly work towards resolution • Good communication skills to crisply and accurately report program status
- Positive attitude, Self-starter, self-motivated
- Capable of taking responsibility for tasks and ensuring a successful outcome
- Able to contribute to the work of a team while being motivated to work day to day on individual tasks
- Independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
- Independently determines methods and procedures on new or special assignments