Manager Technical Support
The Technical Support Manager will be responsible for managing a world-class Technical Support team supporting all Qualys offerings. The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership experience managing highly technical teams. This includes providing leadership interfacing with Development on customer impacting enhancements and fixes, recruiting and development of support staff, guiding and exceeding team metrics. The successful candidate will also have responsibility for leading efforts in developing and implementing world class technical support services, knowledge base content, best practices and methodologies to deliver unsurpassed service and support. They will report to the Director of Customer Support, Americas and will oversee the day-to-day operations of deployment, integration, and overall product support. They will work closely with various teams to understand and address customer concerns helping deliver an exceptional customer experience. Customer-first mindset and a positive “get it done” attitude are critical success factors for this role. This role will interface closely with customers and partners.
- Provide seamless 24x7 Follow-the-Sun support by coordinating with global counterparts.
- Responsible for People Management, including hiring, improving productivity, promoting employee morale, allocating and utilizing resources efficiently, motivating teams, and managing attrition and training.
- Continually assess performance, develop improvement plans, and implement solutions to drive continuous improvement ensuring support engineers have the resources, cross-functional relationships and processes necessary to ensure success and sustained performance. Mature and experienced guidance and direction to the team to deliver on organizational goals and objectives and maximize opportunity to exceed targets and earn rewards and recognition.
- Participate in and provide oversight to Change Management as it relates to Customer and Technical Support.
- Measured ability to ensure industry leading customer satisfaction
- Ability to set team goals in-line with overall organizational goals, defining specific goals and individual development plans.
- Collaborate with our Product and Engineering teams to help resolve complex technical issues, document product bugs and help influence our product roadmap.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering, Customer Support and Sales on product and service issues affecting our customers including driving key customer escalations.
- Expected to provide leadership at customer escalation calls and customer QBR to help ensure exceptional customer experience with Qualys product and services.
- Effectively participates in the product release cycle to ensure that support readiness requirements are met for new products and that the support staff are well trained and informed on the company’s products and services.
- Drive daily case management success from detection to resolution and dissatisfaction issues for customer accounts leading to ongoing enhanced customer experiences.
- Evaluate current processes, technology, and organizational skills to identify areas of improvement and opportunities for advancement.
- Partner with Customer Success Management to develop account plans and engage customers in order to facilitate product adoption and resolve existing issues.
- Collaborate with other members of the Global Support team to build sustainable, frictionless, and consistent global processes to meet customer needs
- Collaborates with peers on improving worldwide support process and procedures and provides input to other departments on applications that affect support delivery.
Qualifications and Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Must be a team player with high integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Bachelor and/or post graduate qualifications in Computer Science and/or IT Management or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5+ years technical support and service experience with a minimum of 2+ years in a people management role is required
- Technical and/or Network Security relevant knowledge and experience in one of the following areas: security operations, network security, technical support, incident detection/response, malware analysis, threat response
- Experience with web application security testing or web application scanning products is a significant plus.
- Maintains a technical background with a strong interest in mastering technical concepts.
- Demonstrated track record of providing world-class technical support for a SaaS platform with multiple offerings and/or with enterprise products to large scale, enterprise IT organizations for mission critical platforms. 24/7/365 follow-the-sun service delivery operations
- Can effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues and drive rapid resolution taking full ownership and with focus on customer experience and minimizing customer impact.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills; including the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences and explain impact in business terms.
- Ability to lead change by effectively building commitment and winning support for initiatives.
- Strong analytical and end-to-end problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a strong sense of urgency and getting to closure on behalf of the customer.
- Demonstrated experience influencing people across functional boundaries and effectiveness working with global or international operations
- Proven capability of having successfully delivered on support metrics and managing a support team.