Solution Architect, IT Security
Qualys is seeking a Security Solution Architect position in IT for the Qualys platform. Qualys Solutions Architects are the trusted advisors to internal IT Operational team and other information security teams, providing valuable insights and education on asset and vulnerability management, patching, threat detection & response, compliance, and cloud and application security by leveraging the world-class Qualys Platform.
Create various Vulnerability Management use-cases/requirements and showcasing how Qualys platform and its integrated and solutions can help them with these use cases/requirements.
The candidate should act like a Qualys customer and will identify customer requirements, and work with the product managers and development teams to define functions and product enhancements.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
- Implementation and management the following Qualys modules: Qualys Vulnerability Management, Patch Management, Cybersecurity Asset Management, Cloud Agent, Endpoint Detection and Response, virtual and physical appliances.
- Contribute in developing IT Security strategy
- Design and develop IT security architecture
- Understand security requirements by evaluating business needs and conducting system security vulnerability and risk analyses
- Identify risks associated with business processes, operations
- Work closely with Product Managers to ensure urgent and important requirements are included in product release planning and help in the reassessment of product roadmap’s.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Define use-cases and participate in QonQ implementation and testing for rigorous internal product testing and evaluation.
- Understand internal endpoint security needs to help them solve those needs with Qualys product and services.
- Working in partnership with Engineering and IT teams to improve security posture.
- Provide support during technical deployment, configuration, integration and administration of security technologies.
- Plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls.
- Assist team with product installation, setup, configuration and larger rollouts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Security, or related field.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in the endpoint security industry.
- In depth of knowledge on the cybersecurity threat landscape and attack techniques.
- Technical proficiency in Windows, Linux, and/or macOS
- Experience with Qualys or other security and compliance platforms.
- Vulnerability management experience and remediation for Endpoints and Servers
- Knowledge of VMware and other virtualization products
- Manage day to day incident response alerts and events with EDR tools, awareness of tactics and techniques
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and investigating information security incidents from a variety of reporting platforms such IPS/IDS, DLP, SIEM, and vulnerability monitoring systems
- Knowledge of PKI, VPNs, Firewalls, IDS, TLS, and Incident Handling
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP fundamentals and various operating systems
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communicative skills
- Must be able to fulfill periodic on-call responsibilities
- Must be able to work constructively in team environment
- Email Security using tools Proofpoint/Mimecast/Ironport utilizing SPF, DKIM, DMARK, User Impersonation
NICE TO HAVE:
- Working experience in SaaS company is highly desirable
- CISSP/CEH/SANS Courses or any IT Certifications will be an added advantage
- ISMS framework knowledge and handling audit queries will be added advantage