Application Security Analyst
You will be acting as a subject matter expert to implement various automated and manual techniques and detailed penetration testing procedures that will cover all aspects of application security. You will apply your web security and penetration testing experience to thoroughly analyze our Qualys cloud platform for security vulnerabilities. You will work closely with our development teams to define the application security best practices, perform software architecture and design reviews, conduct black box and white box security testing, and support the identification, interpretation, and remediation of vulnerabilities across Qualys platform.
- Serve as the domain expert to assess web applications for security risks
- Perform manual and automated scanning and security analysis QualysGuard platform to find web application vulnerabilities
- Lead ethical hacking and penetration testing sessions and remediation efforts
- Work with engineering teams during application development process to adopt secure design and coding practices
- Develop and extend tools that support investigation and improve web application security posture
- Collaborate with other security and product experts in Qualys to add new capabilities to QualysGuard product suite.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering, Information Security, Information Assurance, Network Security or related field
- 3+ years of strong application security experience with thorough understanding of web application vulnerabilities
- Source Code Review / SAST either Manual of Automated is must
- A passion for ethical hacking and vulnerability research
- Knowledge of secure coding principles and practices for web applications
- Hands-on experience with application security assessment methodologies and tools
- Expert knowledge of information security principles, web applications and malicious code and common techniques used by hackers
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure and how it affect security implementations
- Experience with application security practices and methods such as OWASP, WASC etc.
- Experience using vulnerability assessment scanners and source code analysis tools such as QualysGuard, Burp Suite, Paros, Samurai WTF, and Kali Linux.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision are a must
- Programming knowledge - PHP, Java, Python, or Go