Director, Content Marketing
As the Director, Content Marketing, you will be a critical member of the marketing team and help build a steady cadence of rock-solid content and offers for all stages of the funnel. The successful candidate in this role will be a self-starter who’s passionate about creating engaging, valuable content for both senior business decision makers as well as practitioners in the security industry; is an amazing storyteller; and will have a passion for scaling a well-known brand in the security industry to the next level of growth. You will develop a world-class multi-channel, multi-format content strategy that leverages our company brand to engage new and existing customers and drive SEO and conversion. You will lead and inspire strategically sound content ideas and elevate creative thinking across the content marketing team, and help ensure unified, relevant messaging across all channels such as demand generation, digital and web assets including blogs, thought leadership, campaign assets, social, video strategy and more.
Location : Foster City, CA (HQ), 100% Remote OK
- A hands-on strategist who can collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop clear, concise and engaging stories aligned with our messaging. Content will be delivered in a variety of formats (web copy, blogs, whitepapers, infographics, guides, eBooks, videos, etc.)
- Create and implement a content strategy, including the development of themes/topics, content creation, curation, and distribution with the end goals of driving thought-leadership, customer acquisition, and ongoing customer success.
- Drive creative thinking - Blend effectiveness and creativity in order to create best-in-class content that incites engagement and grows our audiences. Act as a creative champion for new, interesting content ideas.
- Internal strategic partner – Partner with our product, demand gen, brand, design & sales teams to make sure our narrative is cohesive, inspiring, and delivered consistently across every touchpoint. Ensure content development aligns with funnel-building objectives for target segments.
- Operationalize content — Develop and execute on a broad vision to transform content development, in partnership with relevant departments, into a globally agile and collaborative network across the company.
- Optimize towards objectives— Leverage data, reporting and analytical insights to set goals, test, measure success, and continually refine our content mix and strategy toward better outcomes
- Develop and maintain a functional content calendar including blog calendar based on audience insights, keyword research, messaging themes, and campaign plans.
- Ensure all content is consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, and print.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, impeccable attention to detail, and a love of grammar.
Required qualifications & skills
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing or related disciplines preferably in B2B SaaS
- Cybersecurity industry experience highly preferred
- Proven work experience leading and/or mentoring a team as a Content marketing director/senior manager
- Strong writing skills with a diverse portfolio of published work, both long-form and short-form
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- World-class writing and editing skills and a love for creating top-performing content
- An editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with demand generation tools and principles.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field or equivalent experience